Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Good Energy



The coolest moment of my trip to Croatia over the long Easter weekend was walking very solemnly into the ruins Diocletian's seaside colosseum. Here were the seats for the rulers, there were the doors for the wild animals, and the doors where the martyrs and gladiators entered, and that hole there in the middle of the floor was for taking the dead bodies out. No doubt there was an energy in that place, and I was so full of emotion that I ran out into the grass in the middle and did a cartwheel. A few minutes later a balding, sunburnt German man named Pete walked up to tell me I had 'good energy,' even in this 'empty' place. He walked around the arena with his notebook and pencil stuffed in his black jeans, his black shirt sleeves rolled up, and has palms stretched out to the ground to 'sense the readings.' He came back again to talk about energy and I started to form an idea but I chickened out. And the 3rd time I went up to him and said something like, 'Listen Pete. Here's MY theory about energy: there's a spirit inside of me which is so full of life that cannot be restrained even from cartwheeling over a place where people have died, because I know that the carcass hole in the floor is not the end of what's living in me. Death is not the end! It doesn't win! Death itself has been conquered and I am rescued by a Jesus who LIVES! Cartwheel around for joy!

2 comments:

Cathy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cathy said...

Becky I love your energy source. We spent a week in Sedona AZ where people come seeking some kind of spiritual magnetic "energy" from rock vortex formations. If you imagine the music from the old "Twilight Zone" TV show you will understand the vibe we got from them!

May 1, 2009 7:04 PM